On October 4, 2019, in Bishkek city, a Forum was held on the issues of agricultural export and food security in the Kyrgyz Republic. The forum was organized by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Food Processing and Land Improvement of the Kyrgyz Republic, with technical and financial support from the World Bank’s “Agricultural Productivity and Nutrition Improvement Project”.
The Forum was attended by deputies of the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Government officials of the Kyrgyz Republic, representatives of ministries and departments, state authorities at the regional level, international and donor organizations, business associations and non-governmental organizations, research and educational centers.
The following issues were discussed on the forum:
- improving the export potential of agricultural products by moving from small commodity and varieties to a highly productive organized and competitive production model;
- the use of an integrated approach and joint concerted action by all parties interested in promoting the export of domestic agricultural products, achieving food security and improving food quality;
- development of agricultural export system from soil to marketing (farmer, production and marketing);
- improvement of the certification system using the example of the Public Service Center of the SRS KR (organization of stationary points regarding the preparation of accompanying documentation for agricultural products), to eliminate intermediaries, prevent corruption risks and save customers time;
- improving target work in the field of food security and export between government bodies;
- expanding cooperation with the EAEU countries in achieving food security and improving food quality.
The forum was held at a high level, with a discussion of the above major aspects, a resolution was adopted based on the results of the forum.